Job Reference Number
International Development Assistance/Emerging Markets
Papua New Guinea
Do you want to participate in a program that improves opportunities for Pacific women? Do you have experience in program and grant management? Then this opportunity is right for you!
About the program
Pacific Women Shaping Pacific Development (Pacific Women) is a regional development program funded by the Australian Government and managed by Cardno. It commits $320 million over 10 years to improve the political, economic and social opportunities of Pacific women.
About the role
The PNG Program Manager will support all areas of activity management, planning, implementation and reporting on the diverse activities and partners working through the Pacific Women program in PNG. This will include providing technical and policy level advice to the DFAT PNG Post and partners, as well as supporting learning and coordination across partners to promote achievement of the Pacific Women outcomes.
- Tertiary level qualification in development, social sciences, program management or a related discipline and minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrated program management experience and knowledge of, or ability to quickly learn, Australian Government grant management requirements.
- Knowledge and understanding of gender equality concepts and issues; including within the Pacific and willingness to learn and develop professionally.
- Excellent interpersonal and representational skills with experience in building and maintaining effective working relationships with range of different individuals and organisations.
- Strong verbal and written communication and analytical skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, as part of a small team and independently and to uphold professional and ethical standards.
A copy of the Terms of Reference detailing role responsibilities and selection criteria can be found by clicking on this link: Terms of Reference
This position is open to PNG nationals and permanent residents with authority to live and work in Papua New Guinea. Rates of pay are based on local labour standards.
Please send inquiries about this position to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting ‘PNG Program Manager’ in your email subject line.
How to apply
To apply for this position please click on the link below. Applications should include:
- Your current CV; and
- A one-page cover letter that concisely outlines how your experience and skills are aligned to the position.
Applications close at 11.59pm Sunday 17 December, Australian Eastern Standard Time.
Please note that incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
Cardno is committed to child protection and safeguarding the welfare of children in the delivery of our international development programs. Recruitment and selection procedures reflect this commitment and may include relevant criminal record checks.
Cardno is an equal opportunity employer.
Equal Opportunity statement for US based applicants
Cardno has a long standing policy of Equal Opportunity in employment. Our practice is to fill positions by selecting applicants who can perform the work in a competent and professional manner. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. At any time, if you need an accommodation during the application process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com. To learn more about Cardno’s commitment to equal opportunity please view these links: