International Development Assistance/Emerging Markets
The Senior Program Officer – Gender is part of the Pacific Women Support Unit’s Gender Advisory Unit. This position will provide technical gender expertise to support the development, implementation and review of Pacific Women activities in the intended outcomes of Leadership and Decision Making, Ending Violence against Women, Women’s Economic Empowerment and Enhancing Agency.
About the program
Pacific Women Shaping Pacific Development (Pacific Women) is a regional development program funded by the Australian Government and managed by Cardno. It commits $320 million over 10 years to improve the political, economic and social opportunities of Pacific women.
About the role
The Senior Program Officer – Gender will work with other members of the Gender Advisory Unit to:
- Provide technical gender guidance and advice to DFAT, other parts of the Support Unit and program partners on the development, implementation and review of Pacific Women activities. This will include drafting and reviewing terms of reference, and reviewing concept notes, designs and activity reports.
- Lead on the development of new activities under Pacific Women’s bilateral and regional programs including initiatives to support women’s economic empowerment.
- Maintain effective relationships with program stakeholders, including representing and promoting Pacific Women throughout the region, and sharing lessons learned.
- Establish links with relevant technical specialists, both within the Pacific and internationally, and draw on these to provide short-term technical advice and inputs.
- Support capacity building in gender awareness and analysis of the Support Unit staff, partners and other stakeholders through the delivery of training, coaching and professional guidance in line with the Pacific Women Capacity Development Strategy.
- Work closely with the Support Unit management team to engage development partners in policy dialogue and develop and maintain collaborative working relationships.
For more information about this position, please refer to the Terms of Reference
Please note, interview for this position will be conducted in mid January 2018.
For any questions please email to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the position title in the email subject line.
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit an application Cover Letter, CV with description of relevant working experience and the Addressed Selection Criteria to email@example.com
Closing date: Sunday 17 December 2017, 6:30 pm (Fiji Time). Please note that incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
Cardno is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to Child Protection in all fields. Successful applicants may be required to provide a police clearance certificate.
Equal Opportunity statement for US based applicants
Cardno has a long standing policy of Equal Opportunity in employment. Our practice is to fill positions by selecting applicants who can perform the work in a competent and professional manner. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. At any time, if you need an accommodation during the application process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more about Cardno’s commitment to equal opportunity please view these links: