Through Pacific Women, the Australian Government will spend approximately $11.9 million over 10 years on initiatives supporting women’s empowerment in Vanuatu.
The first three-year Country Plan includes five activities valued at $3.98 million and will be implemented from 2013–2016:
The five activities in the first Country Plan will:
- Support the introduction of reserved seats for women at Provincial Council level
- Increase economic opportunities for and social empowerment of women market vendors
- Strengthen Vanuatu Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) to improve training and employment opportunities for women
- Strengthen Vanuatu’s national response to violence against women
- Strengthen the design and monitoring and evaluation
Read in full here.
OTHER INFORMATION ABOUT THIS RESOURCE:
- Date Published: April 30, 2014