The Sexual Violence Research Initiative (SVRI) and the World Bank Group (WBG) are seeking applications for innovative research and interventions or related activities that will contribute to the prevention and response of gender based violence (GBV) in low and middle-income countries.
Through this award, the SVRI and the WBG are looking to support the following types of projects:
- Piloting, adaptation, testing and/or scale up of new or promising interventions, including formative research that will contribute to the design of GBV prevention interventions or evaluations of effective scale up and adaptation.
- Qualitative studies that explore the effectiveness and process of creating change with innovative GBV prevention interventions or the acceptability, impact, and process of change created by interventions that support and assist survivors of GBV;
- “Integration projects” that test the integration of GBV prevention or prevention and response components or activities in an intervention with a primary objective other than reducing GBV, like those in other development sectors, including large infrastructural projects;
- Self-contained intervention research projects that are either stand alone or fit within a larger project which will build on, or support GBV prevention or response intervention learning, including formative research studies, pilot or feasibility studies.
- Costing studies on promising/effective GBV interventions to assess value for money.
- Adding a new component/arm to an already funded intervention that can provide additional insight into the effectiveness of intervention components.
- Secondary analysis of existing data that will provide insights into addressing VAW more effectively and sustainably.
- Studies to measure ripple/spillover effects of women’s economic empowerment or political participation programming on GBV.
- Research on the role of the private sector in GBV prevention and response, what effective strategies can they deploy within organizations and the communities they work with.
For more information, including how to apply, visit: https://www.svri.org/what-we-do/research-support/svri-grants/svri-grant-2020
The closing date for applications is 13 September 2019 at 11:59:59pm South African Standard Time (5:59:59pm EDT). Late applications will not be accepted.