Are you passionate about gender or child protection and would like to work for an International Development organisation such as ChildFund Australia?
As the Program Manager you are responsible for the operational management of the projects within the program. You will lead the planning, coordination, budget management and reporting on the projects and supervise the M&E activities to compile an evidence-base to demonstrate performance and results in relation to targets set for each project.
- Responsible for project design, planning, face to face training, coaching, formative assessment of progress as well as training materials;
- Develop short and long-term work plans in line with the project documents, log frame and the budget and oversee project progress;
- Manage Senior Project Officers, who will be responsible for the effective implementation of all project activities in the field;
- Maintain a continuous and open dialogue with the Project teams;
- Develop quality assurance system and foster culture of accountability for performance and continuous improvement;
- Deal with any significant concerns, problems or failures and ensure immediate response and strategies to minimise chance of reoccurrence;
- Supervise monitoring and evaluation of projects with support from the Monitoring Evaluation and Learning team;
- Responsible for managing project budgets with support from the Finance team;
- Provide leadership and professional development to staff and key partners on all aspects of planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting on the project;
- Represent ChildFund at meetings and clusters that are relevant to the program and projects at National Level and ensure high level of participation by Government;
- Ensure compliance with CF policies and procedures.
Qualifications & Experience
- Postgraduate qualifications in gender, child protection, social works and or international development;
- At least 7 years’ experience in international development in the field of gender and or child protection in cross-cultural settings;
- Understanding of PNG’s development context, activities and actors;
- Proven experience in training and capacity building;
- Understanding of quantitative and qualitative methods of monitoring and evaluation.
How to apply for this job
All applicants are required to submit the Application Form along with a cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com.