Join Cardno to play an integral role in improving the political, economic and social opportunities of Pacific women. You will be based with the Fiji Ministry of Women, Children and Poverty Alleviation, specifically the Department of Women and provide technical support to implement the Fiji national gender policy.
This role involves:
- Providing technical advice and supporting capacity development through training and mentoring of staff within the Department of Women.
- Building support for a whole of government strategy to mainstream gender across line Ministries and key government agencies.
Please click on the TOR link to access the Terms of Reference detailing responsibilities and selection criteria: TOR
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in social sciences, development, gender studies or a related discipline.
- Demonstrated experience working with whole of government systems to mainstream gender and social inclusion including working with Ministries of Finance and Planning to develop gender responsive budgets and planning policies.
- Demonstrated experience in the development and conduct of gender-sensitive monitoring and evaluation, including competence in the formulation of qualitative and quantitative indicators, and the identification and utilisation of strategic indicators for programming.
- Superior communication skills, inter-personal skills and tact in working with a range of government and civil society stakeholders with the ability to work in a multicultural environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Extensive experience in the provision of capacity building and mentoring.
- Strong project management experience, particularly in the field of gender and social inclusion, including design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience working in Fiji or the Pacific highly desirable.
- Demonstrated evidence of outstanding past performance and achievements.
This position is classified under DFAT’s Aid Adviser Remuneration Framework (ARF) as Discipline C, Level 3 and will be offered at a level commensurate to the successful candidates’ experience relevant to the role. To access the ARF rates, please clink on link: ARF
Why join Cardno?
Cardno offers meaningful opportunities for each individual member of our team to grow, make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining Cardno, you will be part of an environment where you can collaborate with leading experts from diverse backgrounds, access development programs to achieve your career goals, and be challenged to take a global outlook.
How to apply?
We welcome your interest in joining the Cardno team. Click ‘apply’ to send your resume and covering letter with the reference number “CID/ACNP/PWSPD/GA” by 6.00pm Sunday 23 September 2018.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
For any questions about this role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “CID/ACNP/PWSPD/GA – query” in the email subject line.
Cardno is committed to Child Protection in all fields. Cardno is an equal opportunity employer. Any offer of employment will require criminal record clearance.