The Pacific Women Support Unit is seeking an experienced Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) Adviser to join our program in Funafuti, Tuvalu. The GESI Adviser will support key national ministries and stakeholder organisations in Tuvalu, including the Gender Affairs Department, to improve the achievement of gender equality and social inclusion outcomes in their respective areas of work by strengthening relevant technical, leadership and organisational capabilities.
This role also involves:
- Provide capacity development and support to the Gender Affairs Department with strategic planning, annual planning, performance reporting and monitoring and evaluation.
- Provide technical assistance to the Ministry of Home Affairs, Department of Community Affairs (DCA) and the national disability organisation to support development of the national disability policy implementation plan.
- Provide targeted skills development and mentoring support to identified ministries and stakeholder organisations.
- Provide ongoing mentoring support to established institutional GESI mechanisms to improve planning, coordination, monitoring and reporting on GESI interventions and results.
- Assist the Gender Affairs Department and relevant civil society organisations to design and implement community awareness raising, behaviour and social norms change activities.
You are a team player with an understanding of development issues in the Pacific. You are energised by complexity and have a depth of gender equality and social inclusion technical experience to draw from. You will also have:
- Demonstrated understanding of gender analysis and gender mainstreaming involving both statutory and non-statutory agencies, preferably in the Pacific region or small island developing states (SIDS) context.
- Ability to implement a broad range of individual capacity development modalities, and to build institutional capacity in government and civil society organisations in key aspects of organisational management.
- Strong report writing and inter-agency collaboration skills.
This position is classified under DFAT’s Aid Adviser Remuneration Framework (ARF) as Discipline C, Level 3 and will be offered at a level commensurate to the successful candidates’ experience relevant to the role. To access the ARF rates, visit: https://bit.ly/2pWN5TW
Why join the Pacific Women Support Unit?
The Pacific Women Support Unit is a committed team that is dedicated to gender equality and making a meaningful contribution to the communities and countries in which we work. We strive for excellence, thrive on challenges and have fun along the way.
By joining the Pacific Women Support Unit, you will be part of an environment where you can collaborate with leading experts from diverse backgrounds, access development programs to achieve your career goals, and be challenged to take a global outlook.
How to apply
We welcome your interest in joining the Cardno team. Please click ‘apply’ at the bottom of this page on the Cardno website.
Applications for this position will close at 11:59pm, Sunday 4 August 2019.
Please note that this recruitment process may involve travel to Tuvalu.
For any questions about this role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ‘GESI Adviser Tuvalu – query’ in the email subject line.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Cardno is committed to Child Protection in all fields. Cardno is an equal opportunity employer. Any offer of employment will require criminal record clearance.