The Senior Program Officer will support the delivery of the Pacific Girl program.
The Pacific Women Support Unit is seeking a dynamic Senior Program Officer to support the delivery of the Pacific Girl program. This position will lead Pacific Girl activity management, planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting at country and regional level.
This role also involves: Work with short term technical advisers and the Pacific Women Gender Adviser to develop and implement regional and country program activities.
Manage the Pacific Girl Regional Learning Network, including learning exchanges, annual network meetings and other activities.
Integrate analysis of thematic gaps in gender transformative programming with adolescent girls into reporting, learning and communications support.
Support monitoring and reporting on program activities, including funding agreements with grantees, progress towards objectives, funds expenditure and impact for selected activities.
Please click on link below to access the Terms of Reference detailing responsibilities and selection criteria: pacificgirl_seniorprogramofficer_tor-final.pdf
You are an experienced program officer with an understanding of contemporary gender issues in the Pacific. You will also have:
- Tertiary qualification(s) in development, social sciences, program management or a related discipline with five years’ experience in a similar role.
- Ability to contextualise contemporary gender issues in the Pacific at both the regional and country level.
- Strong understanding of challenges and opportunities in working with children and young people, particularly in the Pacific.
- Demonstrated capacity to interact with various stakeholders and facilitate linkages between organisations.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and the ability to work in cross-cultural environments.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Why join the Pacific Women Support Unit?
The Pacific Women Support Unit is a committed team that is dedicated to gender equality and making a meaningful contribution to the communities and countries in which we work. We strive for excellence, thrive on challenges and have fun along the way.
By joining the Pacific Women Support Unit, you will be part of an environment where you can collaborate with leading experts from diverse backgrounds, access development programs to achieve your career goals, and be challenged to take a global outlook.
How to apply
We welcome your interest in joining the Cardno team. To express your interest in this position, please click ‘Apply‘ and submit the following documents:
- Your current CV; and
- A cover letter that directly addresses the essential selection criteria.
Applications for this position close at 11:59pm, Sunday 21 July 2019 (Suva time).
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Contact For any questions about this role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “CID/EG/PWSPD/PGSPO – query” in the email subject line.
Cardno is committed to Child Protection in all fields. Cardno is an equal opportunity employer. Any offer of employment will require criminal record clearance.