Currently this opportunity is open only to Pacific Islander consultants.
Job type: Short-term adviser
Job location: Homebase with regional travel required
The Gender Advisory Panel is a mechanism that provides rapid external gender technical assistance that can be engaged on an as-needed-basis to support the program in a variety of related roles. The panel brings together expertise in relevant areas, including gender policy, program design and implementation, data collection, women’s economic empowerment, women in leadership and decision-making, ending violence against women, and capacity development to promote gender equality. Panel members work closely with the Pacific Women Support Unit, which supports DFAT in the management and implementation of Pacific Women.
- Members of the Gender Advisory Panel may be called upon to provide high quality technical gender advice on regional or country level activities and plans under the Pacific Women program and across the key outcome areas. Panel members may undertake policy, research and knowledge sharing activities as well as contribute to program strategy, design, monitoring and evaluation tasks. Panel members may be called upon to perform the following tasks and services either individually or as part of team:
- Provide strategic in-depth advice to DFAT staff and partner organisations, including responding to queries and commenting on documents in line with international good practice in Pacific Women’s key outcome areas.
- Support DFAT staff, Pacific Women implementing partners and stakeholders to develop and implement gender and social inclusive frameworks and utilise gender analysis tools, and to analyse information to inform decision-making and planning.
- Provide support for policy development, implementation and review in Pacific Women’s key outcome areas.
- Undertake research, including gender assessments and stocktakes, in specific country contexts or key outcome areas.
- Lead and participate in field missions, including for design, monitoring and evaluation processes to support gender equality outcomes.
- Work in close collaboration with the Pacific Women Support Unit and DFAT staff to develop and implement strategies that ensure information and lessons are shared appropriately and an evidence base is built.
- Contribute to collaboration and capacity building of gender panel members with a view to building gender expertise in the region.
- Contribute to progress reporting and quality assurance of Pacific Women-funded activities.
A copy of the Gender Advisory Panel Terms of Reference and Selection Criteria can be found by clicking on the link: Terms of Reference.
Successful applicants are contracted as Gender Advisory Panel members under a Deed of Standing Offer until 30 June 2018. Panel members are then contracted for specific pieces of work through individual Service Orders that fall under these deeds. The duration of each Service Order will vary depending on the piece of work. Appointment to the Gender Advisory Panel does not guarantee future work.
- Currently this opportunity is open only to Pacific Islander consultants. Applications from international candidates may be accepted as part of the annual review of the Panel.
- To apply please submit an application to email@example.com with “Gender Panel Standing Recruitment Application” in the subject line.
- Applications should include:
- Current CV
- A cover letter that addresses the selection criteria specified in the Terms of Reference
- A recent sample of your gender work
- When your application is received, we will acknowledge receipt within a week and provide an indicative timeframe for assessing your application. The Selection Panel meets every one to two months to assess applications.
- Please direct enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Gender Advisory Panel Recruitment enquiry” in the subject line.
- There is no deadline for applications.
Being a member of the Gender Advisory Panel provides no guarantee of work.