The Communications Manager is a newly created position and will be responsible for the Pacific Women program’s communications with a range of stakeholders and audiences, as well as supporting the knowledge management of the program.
This role involves:
- Managing and monitoring the delivery of the Communications Strategy through the preparation of annual Communications Unit work plans and budgets, development of sub-communications strategies and media management.
- Management of the Communications Team, including supervising the Communications Coordinator and leading the management of short-term communications advisers.
- Contribute as a member of the management team to the strategic direction and management of the Support Unit.
- Access the Terms of Reference detailing responsibilities and selection criteria here: https://pacificwomen.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/SU-Communications-Manager-TOR.pdf
- You will be a creative, influential and strategic communicator with the ability to articulate ideas clearly and concisely for a range of audiences using both traditional and digital mediums. You will also have:
- A tertiary qualification in communications, journalism, marketing or another relevant discipline, with 10 years’ experience working in a communications role.
- Outstanding written and copy-editing skills applied to simplify complex information.
- Demonstrated experience managing digital media, particularly websites, online forums and social media.
- The ability to provide management oversight and work collaboratively to support a multidisciplinary team to deliver communications strategies and achieve program objectives.
- Please refer to the Terms of Reference for further information about the essential selection criteria.
This position will be remunerated equivalent to Discipline B, Level 2-3, as per DFAT’s Aid Adviser Remuneration Framework (https://bit.ly/2pWN5TW). Remuneration will be offered at a level commensurate with the successful candidates’ experience relevant to the role.
How to apply?
We welcome your interest in joining the Pacific Women team. Click ‘apply’ at the bottom of this webpage (https://clientapps.jobadder.com/41217/cardno/3337812) to submit an application by 11:59pm, Sunday 9 June 2019. Please include the reference number “CID/EG/PWSPD/CM”.
Applications must include: your current CV; a cover letter directly addressing the essential selection criteria; and two samples of your communications products.
Please note that incomplete applications will not be assessed by the selection panel.
For any questions about this role, please contact email@example.com quoting “Communications Manager – query” in the email subject line.