Pacific Women Shaping Pacific Development (Pacific Women) is seeking expressions of interest from interested parties to participate in Pacific Women’s Economic Empowerment Regional Learning Forum. The forum will be from 27–30 May 2019 at the University of the South Pacific in Suva, Fiji.
Based on the theme ‘Recognising and achieving women’s economic empowerment in the Pacific Island region: what needs to change’ and designed around the Pacific Women Roadmap transformational objectives:
- changing social norms;
- supporting adolescents to accelerate changes in gender relations;
- strengthening enabling environments and institutions.
Pacific Women encourages applications from:
- participants – individuals or organisations who wish to apply for travel support to attend the forum.
- panel members and speakers – do you have research and lessons to share, could you propose a panel on a specific topic?
- practitioners – could you share your skills and lessons as a women’s economic empowerment practitioner through a ‘skills-building’ session?
Women and men of all diversities are encouraged to apply.
Apply here by 8 February 2019: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/XZ7DMX9
Applicants will be notified of the results of your submission after 21 February 2019 by email. Please visit the Pacific Women website and Facebook page regularly for further announcements and check your spam folder as some of our automated emails may be redirected by your email server settings.
Additional information for applicants
- A limited number of scholarships for attendance will be available for participants.
- These are primarily open to applicants from Pacific NGOs, CSOs and partners working in the area of women’s economic empowerment.
- You may opt out of the application for a scholarship in the expressions of interest form.
Before you begin the application
- Please read all guidelines before filling out the form and note that the application form cannot be saved. You can view all the questions and other form requirements here to prepare your submission. For further information or queries, contact email@example.com.
- Please submit your application in English.
- You will be asked to describe your participation objective, your background in the area of gender equality and women’s economic empowerment and how you can contribute to the event.
- All proposals for panels and sessions submitted by the deadline will be considered. Those received after the deadline may be considered but will be placed on a waiting list.
- Applicants submitting proposals for panels and sessions will be notified from mid-February 2019 if their submission has been selected.
About the venue
- All conference rooms will be equipped with display screen, laptop and wireless internet connection. PA equipment will be available in larger rooms.
- Speakers are responsible for provision of all peripheral equipment including adaptors, convertors and cable connectors.
- Selected participants are required to submit presentations via email to the Women’s Economic Empowerment Learning Forum Coordinator by two weeks before the event and bring a back-up copy for your use during the presentation on a USB.