The Pacific Women Shaping Pacific Development program is requesting tender submissions for interested researchers to conduct research in Vanuatu, Tonga and the Republic of the Marshall Islands.
This consultancy will involve two separate but inter-related and in-depth pieces of research on:
- unintended teenage pregnancy and motherhood; and
- experiences of traditional fertility limitation, including termination.
This research is driven by the need for women in the Pacific to have a stronger sense of their own agency, be supported by a changing legal and social environment and have increased access to sexual and reproductive health services.
Interested tenderers are able to access the Meeting Report of the Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights Research Workshop and the Phase One Mapping and Consultation Report by emailing a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be a motivated and proactive Research Team with the right combination of talent, energy and commitment to technical excellence. You will have:
- An experienced Team Leader with demonstrated ability to lead research teams and build the capacity of early career researchers.
- Skilled qualitative researchers with extensive experience in carrying out qualitative research on sensitive topics in the Pacific.
- Early-career Pacific Islands researchers with an undergraduate degree in health, social sciences, gender studies or similar research experience.
- Demonstrated experience undertaking qualitative or ethnographic social research to inform policy and/or the design of development interventions.
The full list of essential criteria for the team is outlined in the Terms of Reference.
Interested research teams should prepare a written proposal of up to five (5) pages addressing the Evaluation Criteria contained in the Terms of Reference. Tenderers should also submit a CV of no more than three (3) A4 pages for each Contractor Personnel nominated in the proposal.
Please refer to the Terms of Reference for detailed submission requirements and selection criteria.
How to apply
We welcome your interest in this consultancy. Apply by sending your written proposal with the reference number “CID/EG/PWSPD/SRHR” to email@example.com by 11:59pm, Sunday 16 December 2018.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
For any questions about this consultancy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “SRHR Consultancy” in the email subject line.