The Pacific Women Support Unit is seeking a dynamic Senior Program Officer to join our regional program team. Based in Suva, Fiji, this position will work closely with the Programs Unit Manager to support Australian High Commissions, Pacific Island governments and regional and bilateral Pacific Women grantees.
This role will be involved in all areas of grant, project, program and activity management. This includes:
- Design, planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting.
- Supporting learning and coordination across Pacific Women activities to promote achievement of outcomes agreed with partner governments.
- Some travel throughout the Pacific region.
Please click TOR_Senior Program Officer_final to access the Terms of Reference detailing responsibilities and selection criteria.
You are an experienced Program Officer with an understanding of contemporary gender issues in the Pacific. You will also have:
- Tertiary qualification(s) in development, social sciences, program management or a related discipline.
- 7+ years’ experience in program management, preferably working at both national and regional levels with a range of development partners.
- Grant management experience, including experience working with donor grant management requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal and representational skills with experience in building and maintaining effective working relationships with a range of different individuals and organisations.
- Strong written communication and analytical skills.
Why join the Pacific Women Support Unit?
The Pacific Women Support Unit is a committed team that is dedicated to gender equality and making a meaningful contribution to the communities and countries in which we work. We strive for excellence, thrive on challenges and have fun along the way.
By joining the Pacific Women Support Unit, you will be part of an environment where you can collaborate with leading experts from diverse backgrounds, access development programs to achieve your career goals, and be challenged to take a global outlook.
How to apply
We welcome your interest in joining the Cardno team.
Send your CV together with a covering letter and your responses to the following three questions:
- What are key drivers of gender inequality and violence against women in the Pacific?
- In your view, what is responsible grant-making and grant management in low capacity, low resource settings such as the Pacific?
- What challenges do Pacific grantees (state or non-state) face in achieving full execution of grants in compliance with grant agreements?
Please click ‘apply‘
Applications for this position close at 11:59pm, Sunday 22 September 2019 (Suva time). Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered by the selection panel.
We strongly encourage applicants from across the Pacific region to apply for this position.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
A competitive salary package will be offered to the preferred candidate based on their relevant skills, qualifications and experience.
This may include support for relocation to Fiji from another Pacific Island Country.
For any questions about this role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “Support Unit Senior Program Officer” in the email subject line.
Cardno is committed to Child Protection in all fields. Cardno is an equal opportunity employer. Any offer of employment will require criminal record clearance.