Job Reference Number
International Development Assistance/Emerging Markets
Are you interested in being part of a Steering Committee? Do you want to join a program that promotes women’s empowerment and gender equality in Fiji? Then, this opportunity is right for you!
About the Fiji Women’s Fund Steering Committee
We are seeking expressions of interest from interested individuals, the women’s movement, women’s civil society organisations and the private sector who have a common vision to support gender equality in Fiji to be a member of the Fiji Women’s Fund Steering Committee. The Steering Committee will meet at a minimum, twice a year. The role of the Steering Committee is to:
- Provide ongoing strategic guidance support to the Fund and ensure that implementation is in accordance with the agreed strategy and principles.
- Oversee the development of and implementation of the Fund localisation strategy.
- Support the Fund Manager to develop and maintain effective relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, including traditional leaders and faith-based groups, and in particular the Fiji women’s movement, to support the sustainable development and implementation of the Fund and its activities.
- Actively promote the Fund’s work such as supporting the Fund’s visibility and outreach activities.
To view the full terms of reference, including specific responsibilities, please click here.
About the program
The Fiji Women’s Fund (the Fund), supported by the Australian Government and implemented by Cardno, is an initiative of Pacific Women Shaping Pacific Development (Pacific Women), and commits up to AU$10.5 million from 2017 to 2022. It provides funding and capacity development support to women’s groups, organisations and networks in Fiji to expand and enhance their work on women’s empowerment and gender equality. The aim of the Fund is to become an independently funded and managed women’s fund by the end of 2022, and seeks the following outcomes:
- Women’s groups, organisations, or networks supported by the Fund are empowered and have the capacity (knowledge, skills, resources and relationships) to contribute to transformative change that improves women’s lives.
- Women’s groups, organisations, or networks supported by the Fund are having influence at different levels (individual / systemic and formal / informal) and are contributing to transformative change in women’s lives.
- The Fund has transitioned to an independent local entity and has secured funding from donors, private sector, and local philanthropy.
How to apply
To apply please submit a results-oriented curriculum vitae and a one-page cover letter outlining the skills you will bring to the Steering Committee and your experience of supporting gender equality in Fiji via email to Michelle Reddy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any queries, please contact Michelle Reddy at email@example.com with “Fiji Women’s Fund Steering Committee” in the email subject line.
Cardno is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to child protection in all fields. Successful applicants may be required to provide a police clearance certificate. Applications close Monday 30 April 2018 at 5pm (Fiji time).