Through Pacific Women, the Australian Government will spend approximately AU$1.4 million over ten years (2012-2022) on initiatives supporting gender equality and women’s empowerment in Palau. More information on the partnership and nature of support is included in the Pacific Women Palau Country Plan Summary 2015-2019 valued at AU$450,000. Palau is also supported through Pacific Women’s regional program. Details of initiatives can be viewed via our interactive map under regional activities.
- SPC Stocktake of the Gender Mainstreaming Capacity of Pacific Island Governments (2016) Palau
- SPC Gender Fact Sheet for Palau (based on Palau 2013/2014 HIES)
- Pacific Islands Forum Secretariat (2016) Pacific Leaders Gender Equality Declaration Trend Assessment Report 2012-2016
- Asian Development Bank (2016) Gender Statistics: The Pacific and Timor Leste
- United Nations Statistics Division, Minimum Set of Gender Indicators
Stories of Change
The Hon Senator Sandra Pierantozzi was Palau’s first woman Senator and first woman Vice President. Now she’s running for President in the country’s November 2016 elections.READ MORE