This booklet summarises lessons that emerged from the research on gender-based violence in Solomon Islands and Kiribati conducted in 2009. The studies in these two countries were undertaken in 2008 as part of a UNFPA-initiated and supported multi country study on VAW in Kiribati and the Solomon Islands.
This booklet is intended for host governments, donors, implementing agencies and project managers and researchers in particular in the Pacific region, involved in or considering similar research for policy and action. It documents the challenges faced and lessons learned in the process of carrying out the research, with special attention for the quantitative component of the research and for the transition from research results to policy and interventions.
OTHER INFORMATION ABOUT THIS RESEARCH:
- Publisher: United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) Pacific
- Organisation commissioning the research: UNFPA
- Date Published: August 27, 2010
- Language published in: English
- Search keywords: Violence, VAW, Gender-Based Violence, GBV