The Pacific Women Shaping Pacific Development (Pacific Women) Fiji country program and the Fiji Women’s Fund (the Fund) held an annual reflection and planning workshop for grantees from 24–26 October 2018. The workshop was designed to support partners and grantees in their work of advancing gender equality in Fiji and the region.
The workshop was designed to maximise input from local experts as well as provide the opportunity for peer sharing and the development of new relationships. The workshop objectives were to:
▪ enable Fiji Government, civil society and stakeholders to reflect on overall progress and key issues to advance gender equality in Fiji
▪ update grantees of the Fund on findings from its six-monthly report analysis
▪ enable grantees and partners to share current progress in advancing women’s empowerment, including women’s economic empowerment, women’s leadership, coalition building and ending violence against women
▪ provide an opportunity for grantees and partners to increase knowledge and skills in key areas through peer learning and expert panels
▪ facilitate stronger relationships between grantees, partners and other stakeholders.
Over 40 participants attended from a range of women’s groups, organisations and networks. The attendees were partners of Pacific Women and grantees of the Fund.
This report analyses the three key issues raised at the reflection and planning workshop. The first key issue is the current operating context of Pacific Women partners and the Fund grantees. The second issue is the strategies used by partners and grantees in response to gender equality issues. The third issue is achieving transformational change in support of gender equality. The report also documents skills building sessions and captures grantee feedback on the Fund’s operations.
OTHER INFORMATION ABOUT THIS RESOURCE:
- Date Published: October 31, 2018